See below for a list of eye care tips on how to improve your vision. Simple things such as eating better and exercising more often can help improve your eyes vision and protect your vision from further degeneration!
- Do not smoke-Smoking limits the blood flow to the eyes and increases the oxidative stress.
- Eat a diet rich in green, leafy vegetables and fruits- Foods high in carotenoids such as cantaloupe, spinach, and carrots are great foods to eat on a regular basis.
- Wear sunglasses when outside to protect your eyes from harmful rays
- Avoid eating fatty foods- high fat diets can cause deposits that constrict blood flow to the arteries.
- Eat fish once or twice each week-the antioxidants in fish are good for eye health.
- Maintain a normal weight and get some exercise-it improves circulation, which improves oxygen levels in the eye.
- Keep blood pressure and cholesterol in normal range-high blood pressure can hurt eye health.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun when on the beach, boat or snow-this prevents harmful UV radiation from getting into your eyes.
- Take your LIPOTRIAD eye vitamins daily-this helps supplement your diet, which does not provide enough nutrients to keep your eyes healthy as you age.
Recent research also indicates that Lutein and Zeaxanthin can potentially help prevent cataracts. Researchers analyzed dietary information from almost 36,000 women in the Women's Health Study. Those women who took Lutein and zeaxanthin were 18% less likely to develop cataracts than those who did not. Lipotriad has both these ingredients in its formulation, and has been that way for 50 years.
Check out our FAQs